Thursday, October 08, 2026

And answer came there none

Just received a reply from the West Midlands Combined Authority to a couple of inquiries I made recently. You will see it is not much of an answer: Thank you for submitting the following Freedom of Information Request on 14 September 2026.

Information requested:

"Why are no accounts available after May?".

Clarification received on 16 September 2026:

“You know very well I am referring to the monthly expenditure over £500 and you also know you have uploaded two months since I sent in this inquiry as well as uploading the out of date notification that the accounts are open for inspection (a notification that’s now expired).

You will also see I have submitted another inquiry about why the last chief executive received a £150,000 pay-off when she supposedly resigned of her own accord. I look forward to your response.'”

Our Response:

The publication did not take place when originally intended. This has now been corrected and the information is available. We apologise for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused. Accounts from May are now available and can be found here: https://www.wmca.org.uk/what-we-do/budget-spending.

If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you may request an internal review by writing to:


We hope that the above information addresses your request, however if you are dissatisfied with the way in which we have handled your request, you have the right to ask us to review it. You should make your request for a review within 40 working days of receipt of this letter to Information.officer@wmca.org.uk We will provide our review within 20 working days of receipt.

If, following our review, you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK's independent authority for upholding information rights.

Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

No comments: